Hair extensions Barnet is the secret weapon in the kit of hair stylists that can help them transform a bob into flowing mermaid hair in minutes. So, if you have always wanted locks like your favorite celebrity, you just have to speak to the best salon Barnet and get extensions. Whether it is simple hair extensions or bridal hair Barnet extensions, your salon must be able to provide all the hair extension services.
Types of hair extensions:
Broadly speaking, there are two types of hair extensions Barnet – permanent and non-permanent. The right extension for you will depend on the final look that you are trying to achieve, the purpose behind getting them, your budget and your natural hair.
- Permanent extensions include tape-ins and keratin bond attachments. Tape-ins are attached to thick sections of natural hair with the help of double-sided tapes and they adhere to small sections of the hair, which is close to the scalp. Tape extensions must be fitted by an experienced stylist and must be refitted after every 8 weeks. This type of extension, if done by a good salon Barnet, lasts for about 6 months, but it can also last for a year if proper care is taken. Users can carry out all normal activities including working out and swimming wearing tape-ins. Keratin bond attachments are quite similar to tape-ins, but this type of hair extensions Barnet takes small circular strands that bond to the natural hair with keratin attachments. New bonds usually last up to 6 months and they need to be tightened every 6 to 8 weeks. An appointment for keratin bond attachment can take anywhere between 3 to 5 hours. It depends on the number of bonds that you want to get fitted.
- As for non-permanent hair extensions Barnet, clip-ins are the most popular and commonly used. Clip-in extensions are also a popular form of hair extensions in Finchley. They help to instantly add volume and length. Users can even add color by choosing a lighter color than their own hair. The lifespan of this type of extension depends on how well the strands are maintained by the user. Typically, they last for about a year if the user has not done a lot of hair treatments like dying, coloring, straightening and curling on the extensions.
Extension care tips:
Whether you get your hair extensions done from a salon in Finchley or a salon Barnet, you need to take proper care of it. You need to treat it like your natural hair. Some of the maintenance and care tips are given below:
- Wash them gently shampoo and conditioner.
- Make sure to use a brush that does not yank out the strands. You must not be too harsh with the weaves when brushing or you could risk damaging them.
- When you are not using the hair extensions Barnet, especially clip-ins, ensures that you store them properly so that they do not tangle and get damaged.